4-H in Cass County
The deadline to enroll in the Cass County 4-H program is April 1. Youth or volunteer enrollment forms are available on the 4-H Enrollment page. Also included on the 4-H Enrollment page is information on selecting 4-H projects, the cost of the manuals for the projects and an order form to obtain 4-H manuals from the Cass County Extension office.
4-H Newsletters page. Get the most up-to-date information on 4-H Activities and events happening in Cass county by reading the most current newsletter.
4-H School Enrichment page. Additional resources for school teachers are offered free of charge through the 4-H School Enrichment program. To see what Cass County offers check out this page.
4-H Community Service -- how Cass County 4-H gives back to the community.
- 2013 Lend A Hand Community Service Project (pdf, 2 pages, 87kb)
4-H Club page. Find 4-H Club information and 4-H Leaders resources.
Miscellaneous 4-H Information:
- 4-H Calendar (pdf, 2 pages, 15 kb) Get this list of this year's activities (updated May 7, 2013
- Clover Kid page has information for youth who are 5 to 7 years old and who would like to participate in Cass County's Clover Kid program which gives them exposure to a limited number of 4-H projects with the emphasis on the experience rather than the competition. The goal is to assist in the overall development of the child and promote parent/child teamwork in a variety of project areas. The focus is on self-esteem. Enrollment deadline is April 1st.
- Awards and Scholarships page list all the 4-H Camp Awards, Weeping Water Whiz Kidz Scholarship form, Point Sheets, outstanding leader application, Diamond Clover information and other awards and scholarship information.
- 4-H Contests page Speech, Presentations, Table Setting & FCS Life Challenge information
- 4-H Workshops page. A number of Cass County and other county or state workshops are sited here.
County Fair and pre-Fair activities, events and deadlines:
- County Fair Static Exhibits page. for more information about 4-H Building exhibits.
- Quality Assurance for 2013 All 4-H members showing Beef, Sheep, Swine, Dairy, Dairy Goats, Meat Goats, Poultry, or Rabbits at the County Fair are required to complete Quality Assurance training. 2013 Q & A Training should be completed by June 1, 2013. This can be done by completing 3 age appropriate modules on-line yearly. Click on the above link for more information and tips on completing the Quality Assurance requirements for 2013. Quality Assurance Moodle Course Instructions with Questions and Answers can be found at the following link 2013 Moodle Course (pdf, 2 pages). The enrollment key is Nebraska and the "N" must be capitalized for it to go through.
- 4-H Animal page has current deadlines and forms for entering at County Fair, State Fair and Ak-Sar-Ben.
- The 2013 Cass County Fair is August 6-10. The 2013 4-H Fair Book link has the book broke down into Departments or Project areas.
- County Fair pre-entry forms. Due in office on July 15, 2013.
- 2012 County Fair 4-H results can be found on the Fair results page.
4-H State Fair information can be found on the State Fair page.