Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 2012 - Year in Review
- Beef Systems
- Learning Child
- Guardianship/Conservator Training Program
- Crops - Youth Programming
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water Climate Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- ECAP - Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
- NACO Institute of Excellence
June 7, 2013
- Scouting for Common Stalk Borers. This week's degree day accumulations indicate that growers in southeast Nebraska, counties bordering Kansas and the far western Panhandle should be scouting for stalk borers. Learn more about the stalk borer life cycle, management, and economic thresholds.
- USDA Research: Encapsulating Nematodes to Battle Corn Pests
- Wheat Disease Update. Risk for rusts and scab remains low. Powdery mildew and fungal leaf spots are the predominant diseases in eastern Nebraska.
- Wheat Program and Plot Tour June 11 in Furnas County
- Tips for Applying Residual Herbicides after Soybean Emergence. WIth a compressed spring, many growers may be applying residual herbicides after soybean emergence. Learn what to consider and features of several residual herbicides.
Pasture and Range Management
- Continued Good News for Grasshopper Risk on Rangeland. While the risk of grasshopper damage in rangeland is low compared to other years, isolated pockets could cause serious damage and scoutingis recommended for indicated areas.
- Managing Temptations and Avoiding Shortcuts. Feeling pressed to get everything done? Watch out for shortcuts that can have long-term impacts.
- Preservatives Allow for Wetter Hay Harvest
- Maximizing Alfalfa Tonnage
- Market Journal Looks at
— Wheat market
— Potential nitrogen leaching
— Sampling for corn nematodes
— Potential Pythium development
— Pasture production
— Weather forecast
On this week's Market Journal Tamra Jackson-Ziems discusses potential impact from corn nematodes, a pest found in every U.S. corn field, and how you can sample and identify the risk in your fields.
Provides current grain/livestock market commentary and analysis; weather, climate, and soil moisture updates; practical advice from seasoned, working producers; and more.
View entire episodes or search for answers to your plant, yard, and insect problems. Watch Backyard Farmer live on NET1 April to mid September (Thursday, 7:00 pm CT).
Audio and video interviews with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension specialists and educators on topics ranging from crop and livestock production to health and nutrition to lawn and garden care, and more.